Sunday, May 17, 2009

Review: Angels and Demons

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808151/

Well I went to watch this movie today. Having read the book 4 times I come to the conclusion that it wasn't what Dan Brown wrote. The story was changed quite a bit to adapt it for the screen. However I liked the movie.

I know people are going to judge the movie based on the book but if you watch the movie from a standpoint where you don't expect whats in the book to happen and let the story unfold its a good watch. The story made sense and the reinterpretation of events from the book was fluent. However I would have loved it if they kept it the same way and made an 8-10 hr movie covering everything.

The major reason I wanted to watch this movie was to get a sense of vatican architecture which is covered extensively in the book. I thought the filming of churches was good and presented the sense of grandeur which I imagined through the eyes of the book having never been there. I do have a wish now to visit vatican. The acting was fine and not the best i've seen. I think the hassasins character was a bit week than whats in the book and could have been a potential improvement. Also CERN should have been covered in more detail which I was actually looking forward to.

Anyways I cannot say that the movie did justice to the book but I can say it was an above average effort. I'd highly recommend the book though to all the people whether they have watched the movie or not.

No comments: