Sunday, March 18, 2007

Creating Blog Posts From Office 2007 … The Process !!

Here is a tutorial for creating Blog posts directly from the new Office 2007.

Firstly create a new office document in word 2007 and you get the option for a new blog post.


Then we create the post as I am doing with all the stuff that you have to put in the blog post.

After this is accomplished you need to setup the account for which you need to create this post to. Select the Manage Accounts from the clearly visible interface of word 2007 for blogging.


Now choose the blog account from the list shown.


Now enter the user name and the password for the account. Since I use Blogger it asks for the Blogger Account.


It then connects to Blogger and detects my blog "Computer Da Puttar"


Once the Account is all set up you just need to press the publish button to post the blog post. The images need to be hosted on some server and in my case I am using the server which hosts my website. The images then get uploaded and the post gets published linking the images from my server to the blog.

The interesting thing here is that I can use all the formatting including colors, shadow effects and reflections which are a part of the new Office's features and spell checks with the comfort of word which were not available to me while posting through the web based manner in the case of Blogger.

From now onwards all the posts will come through office 2007. This is a great new feature which I am enjoying to the fullest !!

No comments: